"The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."
Revelation 22:2

Homemade Peppermint Mocha


I love being able to use essential oils to flavor our food. I have so many recipes that I want to try... lemon green beans, rosemary potatoes, peppermint brownies! So far, I've really only experimented with drinks, like adding lemon to my water or morning OJ and putting Thieves in apple cider or juice. But a couple weeks ago, I made a peppermint mocha.

You guys. Stop what you're doing right now and go make this. (If you don't have Young Living's Peppermint Vitality oil, check the bottom of the post for how to get it!)

On to the recipe!
Homemade Peppermint Mocha 
  • 12 oz coffee (or espresso)
  • 2-3 tbsp hot cocoa mix of your choice
  • 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter*
  • 1/2 tbsp coconut oil*
  • 1 drop of Peppermint Vitality
1. Brew coffee or espresso.
2. Add all ingredients to blender (I love my Ninja with the Single Serve cups/blade)
3. Pour into a mug (and check out the froth level)
4. Enjoy!

* I usually drink my coffee with unsalted butter in place of cream because it's so unbelievably frothy and I'm not big on milk or milk alternatives. But you can use whatever dairy (or dairy alternative) you like in place of the butter and coconut oil! 



What's your favorite way to use the Vitality oils?

Haven't taken the plunge into the oily life yet? I can help you take the first steps! Five Vitality oils (including Peppermint) come in the Premium Starter Kit, which is by far the best deal Young Living has to offer (11 oils, a diffuser, and extra goodies--over $300 in value--all for $160). Or, if you want to try Peppermint Vitality just by itself, that's not a problem. Let me know how I can assist you!

I will definitely be posting more about the oils we love to use, so be sure to follow along! Subscribe to my RSS feed in the sidebar to get my posts delivered straight to your inbox so you never miss one.



These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose or treat any condition.

No comments :

Post a Comment